Augsburg Fairview Academy seeks to hire a Math Teacher (1.0 FTE) for the 2018/2019 school year.
As a Teacher Powered School, Augsburg Fairview Academy offers a familial work environment in which all staff have the power and creative freedom to innovate.
Mission: We are a passionate learning community dedicated to serving the academic, social and emotional needs of high school students in a safe and welcoming environment. We provide individualized options to help students successfully graduate and set clear expectations for them to explore and pursue their dreams.
Vision: AFA is committed to serving and participating in our local community, working compassionately to promote social justice and equity through education, and contributing to our intercultural family.
- Valid Minnesota teaching license in 7-12 Mathematics
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural, and collaborative skills with adults, students, and families
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, and extreme patience
- Personal and professional alignment with Augsburg Fairview Academy’s unique mission and vision
- Experience teaching in an urban high school or charter school
- Track record of success serving youth with significant developmental risk factors
- Training and experience with Circle of Courage, including RAP
- Experience or interest in working in a Teacher Powered School
Essential Job Functions:
- Cultivating strong, positive relationships with students
- Teaching in a classroom setting
- Incorporating active, experiential learning opportunities in daily lessons
- Working with students, parents, teachers, and student support team to address challenges to students’ academic progress
- Providing positive behavior interventions for students based on the Academy’s principles of authoritative instruction
- Recording, reporting, and evaluating student academic and behavioral data
- Participating in professional development activities
- Participating in student recruitment and retention activities
- Contributing to school-wide decisions as a member of the Augsburg Fairview Academy professional partnership
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Continually required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, push, pull, lift and use hands to grasp and feel
- Continually required to communicate effectively with teachers, administrators, support staff, students and parents/guardians
- Continually required to operate a walkie talkie, computer and software/applications such as Google Drive, MS Office Products and PowerSchool
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry and move items up to 50 pounds or more
- Frequently required to be available for out of school activities such as providing after school support to students, family nights, academic conferences, graduation, and student recruitment/retention activities
- Monday – Thursday from 7:45am-4:00pm and Friday from 7:45am-3:00pm
- Salary based on the Augsburg Fairview Academy salary schedule
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ONLY electronic applications will be considered. Submit cover letter, résumé, copies of licensure and transcripts, and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org